Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Why is life so hard...

My little one is going through a hard time this week. She's seven this year, and has been in gymnastics for several years. She's grown very attached to several team members, they have all moved up at the sametime... Untill this week. Everyone moved up but her. She's devasted. And it breaks my heart. I know that telling her not to worry that God has a plan for her, and that everyone has there own set of skills and timing is of no help to a hurt little girl right now. But she wants to just give up. She no longer has that passion to excell. She's crushed.
So how do I fix the situation? (I'm dad it's my job to fix things) Do I push her to work harder, and hope she moves up and connects hard work with success? Or do I let her build resenment against her friends and coaches? I positively will not let her just quit!
Man this whole parent thing is hard...
let's take this situation to a new level. I have to take a second at look at this from Gods perspective. I can only imagine how much pain I can cause the creator of the universe when I fall short. When in my own disappointment I give up. Kinda puts things in perspective.

No comments: